In most cases, depending on your procedure, you will be ready to leave the Center in 1-2 hours following the completion of your surgery. Before you are discharged, your physician will provide specific instructions regarding your at-home care. For your comfort and safety, we remind you of the following:
- You will not be able to drive yourself home following surgery. You should arrange to have a responsible adult here to drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours.
- Take it easy until your physician says you can return to your normal level of activity.
- Carefully follow your physician’s written instructions regarding post-operative diet, rest and medication.
- It is natural to experience some discomfort in the area of the operation. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness depending on the type of anesthesia you receive or on the amount of pain medication you are taking at home.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or power tools, cook, drink alcoholic beverages, make legal decisions, or take any medications not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Contact your physician if you feel you are having problems after surgery. If you cannot contact your doctor but feel your concerns warrant a doctor’s attention, call or go to the emergency room closest to you.
- Before you are discharged, your physician will provide specific instructions regarding your at-home care.
The day after surgery, a member of our staff will call to see how you are doing. If your surgery is on a Friday, you will be contacted on Monday. If you experience any complications, you may contact us during business hours, or if it is after hours and you feel you need immediate attention, call your nearest emergency room or attending physician.
Participating In Our Survey
Upon arrival at the Center, you will receive a copy of our Patient Satisfaction Survey. Your comments and suggestions are very important to us and will help us improve the service we provide to our future patients and their families. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey and return it in the postage-paid envelope. The returned surveys are put into a monthly drawing for a gift certificate at a Casper area restaurant.